A Zoo Med Reptitemp Digital Thermostat temperature controller for terrariums should always be used with Under Tank Heaters, Heat Tape and Ceramic Heat emitters. This will help keep your pet safe from overheating due to heat pads or emitters. Many reptiles and other animals require a very specific climate and temperature to thrive. This can easily be done by supplementing heat using appropriate heat pads, heat tape or ceramic heaters. However an unregulated heating device can quickly over heat your pet’s enclosure can cause serious or even fatal harm. Always use a thermostat controller and an accurate thermometer to maintain safe temperature levels for your pet specific needs. Remember, that reptiles and other cold blooded animals do not feel heat like we do, and do not know or understand if they are in danger from too much heat.
Reptitemp Digital Thermostat quick stats
- Temperature control range: 50°F to 122°F
- Extreme temperature alarm
- Controls Temperature by turning on heating devices in “HEAT” mode or by turning on cooling devices (e.g., fan) in “COOL” mode.
- Remote Temperature Sensor with 6 foot cable.
- Controls up to 600 watts of heating devices.
- Controls up to 150 watts of cooling devices.
- Easy to ready LCD display with convenient two button programming
- Built in memory, stores your settings in case of power loss
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Where can the probe for the Digital Terrarium Thermometer be placed?
A: The probe for this thermometer can be placed in the substrate, wrapped around furniture or branches or taped to the side of the tank. Please be sure that your animal cannot chew on or entangle itself in the cable.
Please completely read and follow the instructions provided. For more information please visit zoomed.com/reptitemp-digital-thermostat
1 year warranty through ZooMed.com