ProBugs Eco-Fresh Silkworm Pupae (Bombyx mori) are great feeder insect for lots of reptiles, small animals and especially fish! The pupae of Silkworms have been fed to Japanese Koi for centuries! They are high in protein and contain lots of amino acid. This helps enhance fish slime coat, strengthen liver function, and increase body weight and size. Each pupae is approximately 2cm (1 inch) long and 1cm (0.4 inch) wide. Silkworm Pupae are highly nutritious, making them great to add to your pets feeding schedule.
- Convenient serving size
- 99.9% Sterilized, with no parasites or bacteria
- Fresh preserved and vacuum sealed to retain their natural flavor, texture and moisture.
- They are as equally nutritious as feeding live insects
- Organically farmed raised-all natural and packaged without preservatives
- Part of an enriched and varied diet for your insect eating pets
Sealed pouches can be kept at room temperature. Once opened, each pouch is good for 5-7 days if kept in the refrigerator
Silkworm Pupae are recommended to feed to:
- Various reptiles, including Bearded Dragons, Chameleons, Blue Tongue Skink, Tegu, Monitor Lizards and many other reptiles
- Larger geckos such as Crested gecko, Leopard gecko, Tokay gecko, Leachianus gecko, Gargoyle gecko and many other geckos
- Turtles, including Red Ear Slider, Side Neck Turtle, Diamondback Terrapin, Musk Turtle, Stinkpot Turtle, Box Turtle and many others
- Large frogs and toads like the Pacman Frog, Pixie Frog, Waxy Monkey Frog, Whites Tree Frog, Amazon Milk Frog, Red Eye Tree Frog
- Amphibians including Newts, Salamanders, Axolotls
- Some Arachnids such as some larger Tarantulas, large Centipedes and other arachnids
- Lots of different indoor and outdoor birds, including Chickens, Ducks, Quail, Blue Jays, Woodpeckers and other migratory birds
- Large Fish such as Arowana, Piranha, Catfish, Puffer Fish, Stingrays, Koi and many others
- South American Cichlids including Oscars, Jack Dempsey, Red or Green Terror, Severum and other cichlid species
- Isopods, especially the Porcellio species such as Pruinosus, Laevis, Scaber and many others.
- Many small animals, including Sugar Gliders, Hedge Hogs plus many other rodents such as Hamsters, Mice and Rats
15 gm (0.5oz) Silkworm pupae per pouch – Approximately 20 pupae
Silkworm pupae, Water
Protein (min) 17.0%
Fat (min) 9.0%
Fiber (max) 5.0%
Moisture (max) 66.0%
Phosphorus (min) 0.3%
Calcium (min) 0.1%
Not certified for human consumption, but that won’t stop some from trying!
For more information please visit probugsusa.com
*Shipping available in Canada only